We have an exciting opportunity for a new role within thyssenkrupp Materials UK as a Senior PMO Analyst in our Business Excellence Team. You will provide specialist advice and guidance to various project leads within the business to develop and ensure a consistent way of planning and reporting on projects and identifying and managing risk.
As the Senior PMO Analyst, you will be travelling around our 9 sites and will drive forward the implementation of organisational change by effectively coaching the various project leads and owners within the business. You’ll be working with the Head of Business Excellence to develop a cross functioning Project Management Office that delivers high quality, efficient and adapted project support across different work streams.
Your main duties will be:
- Using project management expertise to initiate, develop and implement processes, procedures and resources for embedding business planning, project management, and performance reporting and risk management.
- Providing project and risk management advice, coaching and mentoring to all relevant staff at all levels to equip them with the skills, knowledge and confidence to:1) produce project and programme plans that are consistent and well communicated. 2) plan and manage projects and programmes that are relevant to the strategic business plan and have well defined goals and timescales associated with them. 3) utilise the project management system to benefit from the facilities it provides.
- Responsible for actively managing and enhancing the project management system i-Nexus
- Managing specific projects within the Project Management Office and providing project management expertise for other organisational projects on ad-hoc basis.
- Having a good working knowledge of projects within a large work-stream area to ensure delivery of responsive project support and effective resource allocation.
- Undertaking tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the post-holder that are appropriate to the level / grade of the job.
- Comply with all relevant thyssenkrupp Materials (UK) Ltd policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection etc.
- Specific areas of specialism to be shared amongst the Executive team:
- Facilitating the quarterly business planning cycle and producing the business plan
- Initiating, producing and developing risk management reports
Essential experience, skills and knowledge:
- Training / Qualification in Project Management e.g. Prince2 Practitioner, APMP (Association of Project Management Professional) or significant relevant experience
- Experience of working within a PMO environment
- Experience of coaching or mentoring staff
- Experience of managing projects, or delivering significant aspects of projects autonomously
- Experience of contributing to the management of projects as part of a project team
- An extensive knowledge of project management tools, techniques and methodologies
- Experience of using risk management and contingency planning techniques
- Experience of planning, communicating and monitoring projects - including scheduling, setting objectives, agreeing milestones
- Experience of working and communicating effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and within a project environment
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of managing budgets
- Valid driving licence and own vehicle
Desirable experience, skills and knowledge:
- Risk management qualification, e.g. IRM Certificate in Risk Management
- Knowledge of change management and the importance of its use throughout the project process
- Experience of training people
Your benefits with us
- Up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience + Car Allowance
- 37 hours per week – hybrid working
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Advantageous pension scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee high street vouchers & discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational health & health surveillance
- Length of Service Awards
- Christmas savings scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Wellbeing events
- Recognition Portal
- Rewards Portal
- Company events
- Car Salary Exchange Scheme
- Company share schemes
- Christmas Closedown
This is us – your new employer
With around 480 locations in over 40 countries, thyssenkrupp Materials Services is the biggest materials distributor and service provider in the western world. The broad service spectrum offered by the materials experts enables customers to focus on their individual core business. The area of Materials Services spans two strategic areas: global materials distribution as a one-stop-shop – from steel and stainless steel, tubes and pipes, nonferrous metals and specialty materials to plastics and raw materials – and tailored services in the areas of materials management and supply chain management. An extensive omnichannel architecture offers 250,000 customers worldwide cross-channel, round-the-clock access to more than 150,000 products and services. A highly efficient logistics system ensures that all requested services are smoothly integrated into customer production processes “just-in-time” or “just-in-sequence”.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, disability, age, or sexual orientation and identity.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised expiry date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to supply individual feedback at the CV review stage.